Even though Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery has not officially launched in the United States, you can download and play the Soft Launched (early release/beta) version of Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery with the following:
- An iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) running iOS 8.0 or later.
- A New Zealand Apple ID (You’ll have one after following this guide).
Before you jump into the guide, please make note of the following:
- HP Hogwarts Mystery is still very much in beta, and there have been a couple of wipes so far. Jam City has compensated for the wipes, but, keep that in mind.
- You CAN tie your progress to your Facebook account, so once the wipes stop – your progress should carry over to the official launch of HP Hogwarts Mystery.
With all that said, lets get started!
- Create a spare/junk email address using Gmail or another similar service.
- Go to http://appleid.apple.com and create a New Apple ID using that email address, making sure to select New Zealand for your Country.
- Use https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World/New_Zealand_address_generator to create a fake New Zealand counterpart to use when you’re asked for your personal details.
- On your iOS device, go to the App Store and sign in.
- You will get a pop-up stating you need to Review the terms.
- Enter the Name and Address provided by the Fake Address Generator.
- You can select “None” for billing, but you still need to put the address in.
- You will then get a confirmation that the account can be used in the App Store.
- If you get a prompt that states “This Apple ID is only valid for purchases in the NZ iTunes Store. You will be switched to that Store.” You’re good. Go search for the game and download it. You can sign out of the App Store and back into your usual account when you’re done.
- If not: On the main App Store screen in the upper right hand corner you’ll see the Portrait of your Apple ID account, tap on it and sign out.
- Sign back in.
- You’ll now get the prompt I explained in step 9.
Questions? Comments? Did this work for you? Are you waiting for the official release or are you playing now? Tell us below!
Categories: HP Hogwarts Mystery Guides